Looking for something to do in the North Shore area this weekend? With the nice weather we’re expecting, it may be a good idea to go explore some of the area’s beautiful parks, hike one of the mountains further to the north in New Hampshire, or treat yourself to one of the ice cream stands that will be opening this weekend (a personal favorite– Hodgie’s— will finally be open on Saturday!) You should also browse below to see the additional activities planned for the weekend.
- Throughout April there will be an art display at Carry Out Cafe located at 155 State Street. The theme of the show, titled “Drawn to the Game” is vintage baseball imagery. All artwork is done by local artist Joe Farnham. A reception will take place on Friday at 7:30pm where guests will get the chance to meet the artist and enjoy special stadium-themed snacks and beverages. Get more information here.
- This weekend, get out and support you local economy by shopping in downtown Newburyport. Ditch the mall and throw on your favorite Red Sox gear to get special offers at a number of shops and restaurants. See the full list of participants here.
- Every Friday Andiamo Restaurant and Bar features singer Dan Sky. Sky performs a variety of music—from today’s hits to Sinatra, there’s something for everyone. Enjoy a delicious meal and live music from 8:30-11:30, at 24 Winter Street, Newburyport MA. Admission is free. Get more information here.
- This Saturday, take the kids and watch a classic children’s book come to life. North Shore Music Theater will be performing “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe” at 11am. Get more information and buy tickets here.
- Support a good cause and attend Newburyport’s 3rd Annual Books in Bloom this Saturday at the Newburyport Public Library from 6-9pm. You’ll get to enjoy beautiful floral arrangements inspired by books while enjoying hors d’oeuvres, decadent desserts, and wine and beer! Tickets are $25 and all proceeds benefit the Friends of the Newburyport Public Library. Get more information here.
- Wrap up your weekend at Andiamo Restaurant and Bar on Sunday at their Unplug Sundays Family Dinner. From 4pm to 9pm, forget about cooking and bring your entire family down to Andiamo for a hearty Sunday meal. Prices are $18 for adults and $8 for children. Get more information here.
What will you be doing this weekend? I’d love to hear about your plans in the comment section!